Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association welcomes you to our community!
Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association
Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association represents a total of forty-one (41) churches of the Robeson, Columbus and Bladen Counties of North Carolina.
Our newly elected Moderator is Dr. Thurman Bruce Everett. The Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association was organized in Fairmont, North Carolina, in September 1877.
Our Mission Statement: To encourage fellowship among the churches and pastors and to emphasize the need for financial support for Home and Foreign Missions, and Education.
Officers of the Lumber River Baptist Association:
Moderator: Dr. Thurman Bruce Everett
Vice Moderator-at-large: Dr. Thomas Jones
1st Vice Moderator: Pastor Jerome Billups
Executive Secretary: Pastor Judy McMillian
Treasurer: Dr. Sally Jones
A Fellowship of Baptist Churches in Robeson, Columbus and Bladen Counties
- Lending a helping hand to the churches through counseling, training institutes, seminars and workshops.
- Providing an Associational Worker to aid in local church organization, growth and development.
- Supporting the Unified Program of the General Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, Inc.
- Promoting Associational-Wide Days: State Missions Day, Foreign Missions Day, Shaw University Day, Central Orphanage Day, Youth Day, and Shaw Divinity School Day.
- Offering advice to member churches on pastors and church administration.
- Sponsoring several weeks of training for all Associational pastors and church workers.
- Providing field missionaries to inform the churches of the Associational activities, to announce conventions and Auxiliaries meeting dates and places, and to urge the support of the churches to the work of the Association.
- Sponsoring annually an Evangelistic week led by the Ministerial Board, with Associational-wide call to all churches to urge men and women to accept Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives.
- Sponsoring an annual Church Music Workshop to offer suggestions to the churches on the appropriate music for church worship.
- Sponsoring an annual Vacation Bible School Workshop.
- Sponsoring an annual Stewardship Conference.
- Sponsoring an annual Senior Citizens Seminar.
- Sponsoring an annual Church Buildings and Grounds Conference.
- Sponsoring an annual Deacons and Church Leaders Conference.
Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association
P.O. Box 3397
155 Plainview Drive, Lumberton, North Carolina
Phone #: 1-910-739-3999
From the Moderators' Desk
Greetings to each of you my fellow labors in Christ Jesus,
Since our installation into office much has been accomplished thanks to our outstanding staff and the support of so many of you. God is truly good to us in so many wonderful ways. I thank him for all He has done, is doing and will do.
Honoring God through Unity, Purpose and Strength binds us together on one accord, for all to see that CHRIST lives in us. I am pleased to announce that we are sending our first check to General Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, in support of the objectives. Thanks to all the churches for making this possible, without you it would not be. Thanks! May God keep each of you strong, focused, vigilant and committed to Christ Jesus.
Love, Peace and Prayers,
Dr. Thurman B. Everett, Moderator
Lumber River Baptist Association
THEME "HONORING GOD WITH UNITY,PURPOSE AND STRENGTH"
BUILDING AVAILABILITY OR USE
Executive Secretary: Rev. Judy P. McMillian
Bro. Jethro Gilchrist
*Please contact Pastor Singletary, Bro. Jethro Gilchrist or Rev. Judy McMillian (Executive Secretary) for availability or use of the building and for information concerning the opening and closing of the building.
Concerns: Upcoming Events
We ask that all churches continue to pray for our President Barack Obama.
Let us please pray for our Pastors, churches and members, we are living in a critical time and our people need to be saved. Pray especially for our churches that are without Pastors, for the word says, "How can they hear without a preacher".
Any prayer requests you would like posted to the webpage please submit them to the Executive Secretary.
All churches please submit to Executive Secretary a list of Ministers in your charge. Please include name, address, and a working contact number.
All Auxilliary Presidents/Treasurers please turn in your monies to the central treasury. These monies will be assigned under your ministry heading and distributed per your request, if you have funds available.
Announcing Lumber River's Finest! We will initiate a program called "Lumber River's Finest". This is an endeavor to showcase the talent that we have in our Association by having a monthly program at the Assembly building. We are looking for any kind of talent, ranging from singing, playing instruments, oratory skills, skits, comedy or praise dancing to name a few. There is no age limit restriction and all are welcome. Please encourage your members to participate. Participants will be judged and prizes awarded. We hope to have our first program on the 2nd Sunday of January @ 4 pm. at the Assembly Building. Anyone interested in participating should contact our Moderator, Dr. Everett at 910-619-9358 or Acting Executive Secretary, Cheryl Shaw @ 910-818-5994. You can also respond by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lumber River's Finest continues. April 12, 2015 will mark the 4th installment of the contest. Program time is at 4 pm. This event will continue on the 2nd Sunday in May and will conclude during our Mid-Year Session in June on Friday, June 19, 2015 where a winner will be announced.
The LRBA has established a transportation committee for 2015 solely for the purpose of planning a first class chartered bus trip to the National Baptist Convention in Memphis, Tn. Sept. 7-11, 2015.
The committee's planning is based on a minimum of 40 persons participating. The following mandates must be met: A deposit of fifty ($50.00) must be made by at least (30) persons not later than February 20, 2015. (Seating preferences are based on order payments are received). Final payments must be made in full not later than June 19, 2015, ( The anticipated maximum full fare will be two-hundred, twenty-five dollars. ($225.00) per person.) Refunds on all deposits will be made in full if the trip is not finalized by March 31, 2015. Refunds will be made in full upon finding a replacement at any time; or on a case by case basis before August 1, 2015. All payments are to be made to LRBA. In the memo section, please write "Memphis Trip". Dr. Thomas Southerland is the Committee Chairperson.
It's not too late to sign up for the Memphis trip even though our deadline has passed by. If you are interested please contact Dr. Southerland or Cheryl Shaw @ 910-818-5994.
All churches that would like your announcements posted to the webpage please submit them to the Executive Secretary
P. O. Box 3397
155 Plainview Drive
Lumberton, North Carolina 28359