Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association welcomes you to our community!
Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association
Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association represents a total of forty-one (41) churches of the Robeson, Columbus and Bladen Counties of North Carolina.
Our newly elected Moderator is Dr. Thurman Bruce Everett. The Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association was organized in Fairmont, North Carolina, in September 1877.
Our Mission Statement: To encourage fellowship among the churches and pastors and to emphasize the need for financial support for Home and Foreign Missions, and Education.
Officers of the Lumber River Baptist Association:
Moderator: Dr. Thurman Bruce Everett
Vice Moderator-at-large: Dr. Thomas Jones
1st Vice Moderator: Pastor Jerome Billups
Executive Secretary: Pastor Judy McMillian
Treasurer: Dr. Sally Jones
A Fellowship of Baptist Churches in Robeson, Columbus and Bladen Counties
- Lending a helping hand to the churches through counseling, training institutes, seminars and workshops.
- Providing an Associational Worker to aid in local church organization, growth and development.
- Supporting the Unified Program of the General Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, Inc.
- Promoting Associational-Wide Days: State Missions Day, Foreign Missions Day, Shaw University Day, Central Orphanage Day, Youth Day, and Shaw Divinity School Day.
- Offering advice to member churches on pastors and church administration.
- Sponsoring several weeks of training for all Associational pastors and church workers.
- Providing field missionaries to inform the churches of the Associational activities, to announce conventions and Auxiliaries meeting dates and places, and to urge the support of the churches to the work of the Association.
- Sponsoring annually an Evangelistic week led by the Ministerial Board, with Associational-wide call to all churches to urge men and women to accept Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives.
- Sponsoring an annual Church Music Workshop to offer suggestions to the churches on the appropriate music for church worship.
- Sponsoring an annual Vacation Bible School Workshop.
- Sponsoring an annual Stewardship Conference.
- Sponsoring an annual Senior Citizens Seminar.
- Sponsoring an annual Church Buildings and Grounds Conference.
- Sponsoring an annual Deacons and Church Leaders Conference.
Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association
P.O. Box 3397
155 Plainview Drive, Lumberton, North Carolina
Phone #: 1-910-739-3999
From the Moderators' Desk
Greetings to each of you my fellow labors in Christ Jesus,
Since our installation into office much has been accomplished thanks to our outstanding staff and the support of so many of you. God is truly good to us in so many wonderful ways. I thank him for all He has done, is doing and will do.
Honoring God through Unity, Purpose and Strength binds us together on one accord, for all to see that CHRIST lives in us. I am pleased to announce that we are sending our first check to General Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, in support of the objectives. Thanks to all the churches for making this possible, without you it would not be. Thanks! May God keep each of you strong, focused, vigilant and committed to Christ Jesus.
Love, Peace and Prayers,
Dr. Thurman B. Everett, Moderator
Lumber River Baptist Association
THEME "HONORING GOD WITH UNITY,PURPOSE AND STRENGTH"
BUILDING AVAILABILITY OR USE
Executive Secretary: Rev. Judy P. McMillian
Bro. Jethro Gilchrist
*Please contact Pastor Singletary, Bro. Jethro Gilchrist or Rev. Judy McMillian (Executive Secretary) for availability or use of the building and for information concerning the opening and closing of the building.
Concerns: Upcoming Events
We ask that all churches continue to pray for our President Barack Obama.
Let us please pray for our Pastors, churches and members, we are living in a critical time and our people need to be saved. Pray especially for our churches that are without Pastors, for the word says, "How can they hear without a preacher".
Any prayer requests you would like posted to the webpage please submit them to the Executive Secretary.
All churches please submit to Executive Secretary a list of Ministers in your charge. Please include name, address, and a working contact number.
All Auxilliary Presidents/Treasurers please turn in your monies to the central treasury. These monies will be assigned under your ministry heading and distributed per your request, if you have funds available.
The Robeson Baptist Union of the LRBA will be in session May 30 & 31, 2015 at Hilly Branch Baptist Church, 1411 Hilly Branch Rd., Lumberton. All members are asked to send a minimum of (3) persons from both your Young Adult and Youth Departments to the Saturday session on May 30th. Each session begins at 10 am.
It is with a sad heart that we inform you of the death of Rev. Leroy Baxter, Pastor of Stone Grove Baptist Church, Orrum, on Thursday, May 21, 2015. We offer our sincere condolences to his wife and family. Arrangements will be posted soon.
The Bryant Swamp Baptist Church family will celebrate the 19th Pastoral Anniversary of Dr. & Mrs. Thurman B. Everett beginning Wednesday, June 3, 2015 @ 7:00 pm with a guest minister, their choir and church family. They will continue with services on Thursday and Friday as well. Rev. Tyrone Watson, Mt. Moriah, will be the speaker on Wednesday night. Thursday, Rev. Jerry McCoy, Pleasant Meadows and Friday, Rev. Jerome Billups, Greenville Baptist, will grace the pulpit. On Saturday, June 6, 2015 @ 5:30 pm there will be a Gospel Music Celebration in Dr. & Mrs. Everett's honor. This event will be held at Spaulding Monroe Cultural Center, 508 MLK Drive, Bladenboro, NC. Gospel groups from around the area will be featured and special guest will be "Second Chance" of SC. Tickets are $10.00. Come out and enjoy an evening of good singing and praising the Lord. Sunday morning, Rev. Sharon Thompson Journigan, Integrity Ministries Outreach, will be the guest speaker for the 11 am service with her choir and congregation.
The Mid-Year Session for LRBA will be held June 15-19, 2015 @ 6 pm nightly at the Assembly Building. At the Mid-Year Session Auxiliary Reports will be given. Please come prepared with a written report to turn in for our records. There will be a workshop each evening from 6:30- 7:30 pm and the Session will conclude with a sermonic message. Please make every effort to attend and represent your church. When we don't come out, we miss out.
The Annual Banquet will be held on July 18, 2015 @ 6 pm at the Assembly Building. Tickets are $15.00 and the guest speaker will be Rev. Rex Anderson First Baptist Fairmont, with his choir and congregation. Please support this annual event and have an evening of good food, fellowship and outstanding preaching.
All churches that would like your announcements posted to the webpage please submit them to the Executive Secretary
P. O. Box 3397
155 Plainview Drive
Lumberton, North Carolina 28359