Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association welcomes you to our community!
Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association
Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association represents a total of forty-one (41) churches of the Robeson, Columbus and Bladen Counties of North Carolina.
Our newly elected Moderator is Dr. Thurman Bruce Everett. The Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association was organized in Fairmont, North Carolina, in September 1877.
Our Mission Statement: To encourage fellowship among the churches and pastors and to emphasize the need for financial support for Home and Foreign Missions, and Education.
Officers of the Lumber River Baptist Association:
Moderator: Dr. Thurman Bruce Everett
Vice Moderator-at-large: Dr. Thomas Jones
1st Vice Moderator: Pastor Jerome Billups
Executive Secretary: Pastor Judy McMillian
Treasurer: Dr. Sally Jones
A Fellowship of Baptist Churches in Robeson, Columbus and Bladen Counties
- Lending a helping hand to the churches through counseling, training institutes, seminars and workshops.
- Providing an Associational Worker to aid in local church organization, growth and development.
- Supporting the Unified Program of the General Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, Inc.
- Promoting Associational-Wide Days: State Missions Day, Foreign Missions Day, Shaw University Day, Central Orphanage Day, Youth Day, and Shaw Divinity School Day.
- Offering advice to member churches on pastors and church administration.
- Sponsoring several weeks of training for all Associational pastors and church workers.
- Providing field missionaries to inform the churches of the Associational activities, to announce conventions and Auxiliaries meeting dates and places, and to urge the support of the churches to the work of the Association.
- Sponsoring annually an Evangelistic week led by the Ministerial Board, with Associational-wide call to all churches to urge men and women to accept Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives.
- Sponsoring an annual Church Music Workshop to offer suggestions to the churches on the appropriate music for church worship.
- Sponsoring an annual Vacation Bible School Workshop.
- Sponsoring an annual Stewardship Conference.
- Sponsoring an annual Senior Citizens Seminar.
- Sponsoring an annual Church Buildings and Grounds Conference.
- Sponsoring an annual Deacons and Church Leaders Conference.
Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association
P.O. Box 3397
155 Plainview Drive, Lumberton, North Carolina
Phone #: 1-910-739-3999
From the Moderators' Desk
Greetings to each of you my fellow labors in Christ Jesus,
Since our installation into office much has been accomplished thanks to our outstanding staff and the support of so many of you. God is truly good to us in so many wonderful ways. I thank him for all He has done, is doing and will do.
Honoring God through Unity, Purpose and Strength binds us together on one accord, for all to see that CHRIST lives in us. I am pleased to announce that we are sending our first check to General Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, in support of the objectives. Thanks to all the churches for making this possible, without you it would not be. Thanks! May God keep each of you strong, focused, vigilant and committed to Christ Jesus.
Love, Peace and Prayers,
Dr. Thurman B. Everett, Moderator
Lumber River Baptist Association
Greetings in Jesus Name to the LRBA Family,
On March 15, 2014 we sponsored an Affordable Healthcare Workshop at Lumber River and we are excited about the outcome, because people walked away with healthcare benefits that could not afford healthcare. God blessed our people, some with no premiums and others with premiums such as $7.00, $8.91 and $14.00 a month. To God be glory for the great things he is going in our lives. We pray that with your continued support and prayers we the Lumber River Baptist Association can move forward from here and continue to bring the best that God has to offer to you.
Yours in Christ,
Dr. Thurman B. Everett, Moderator
THEME "HONORING GOD WITH UNITY,PURPOSE AND STRENGTH"
BUILDING AVAILABILITY OR USE
Executive Secretary: Rev. Judy P. McMillian
Bro. Jethro Gilchrist
*Please contact Pastor Singletary, Bro. Jethro Gilchrist or Rev. Judy McMillian (Executive Secretary) for availability or use of the building and for information concerning the opening and closing of the building.
Concerns: Upcoming Events
We ask for your continued prayer for Sis. Gertrude Davis, her husband Rev. Rossevelt Davis was funeralized on Monday, May 19, 2014.
- Please pray for Dr. Martine Spencer and her family. Dr. Spencer's husband, Brother Jimmy Spencer went home to be with the Lord. Homegoing services will be posted at a later date.
- We ask that you continue to pray for Pastor Nathaniel Scott, Pastor of Saint Mary's Church in Evergreen, North Carolina. is condition has improved, but he will have to endure a long recovery process, and we know that prayer can change that progosis, because God is able to do anything but fail.
- Please be in prayer for Pastor W.C. Marable, Pastor of Star of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Fairmont, North Carolina.
We ask for your prayers for Rev. William Vaught, Rev. Jerry Love, Rev. Wendell Thompson and Sis. Edith Maultsby.
We ask that all churches continue to pray for our President Barack Obama.
Let us please pray for our Pastors, churches and members, we are living in a critical time and our people need to be saved. Pray especially for our churches that are without Pastors, for the word says, "How can they hear without a preacher".
Any prayer requests you would like posted to the webpage please submit them to the Executive Secretary.
All churches please submit to Executive Secretary a list of Ministers in your charge. Please include name, address, and a working contact number.
All Auxilliary Presidents/Treasurers please turn in your monies to the central treasury. These monies will be assigned under your ministry heading and distributed per your request, if you have funds available.
Our objective contribution report to the General Baptist State Convention has been sent to GBSC with a monetary breakdown for individual churches. This report is being sent March 2014, and represents our fourth report sent to GBSC.The Minister's Spouses raised monies for kitchen renovations. At this present time renovations are underway,some of the work has been completed and the Usher/Nurse's Aide Ministry purchased a new stove for the kitchen. If you have suggestions or skills in carpentry, please contact the Moderator, Dr. Thurman Everett at 1-910-619-9358.
A special thank you to Bro. Jethro Gilchrist who has worked faithfully in helping us to repair our kitchen. We love you Bro. Gilchrist.
Calendars for the 2013 Year have been printed, please contact the Executive Secretary to get your copy.
Lumber River has partnered with Spaulding Monroe School and Unity Fellowship of Churches to provide a skills training program for anyone needing skills training and for those who are imprisoned to teach them a skill or trade upon their re-entry into society. Please contact the Moderator for more information on how to apply for these services. Letters are being sent to all churches.
Spaulding Monroe School Alumni Association, 509 Martin Luther King Drive, Bladenboro, North Carolina 28320. For contact information and registration please call 1-910-863-3110.
The 2014 Calendars for Lumber River Baptist Association are ready for all churches and can be picked up from the assembly building.
We would like to thank all of you for your prayers and support during the recent trip of our Moderator and his wife to Uganda, East Africa. They are back and we just wanted to acknowledge your kindness and support and extend to all the churches of Lumber River a special thank you.
Those churches who have members who plan to attend the National Baptist Convention in September of 2014 in New Orleans, please submit your name, address and a contact number to the Executive Secretary so proper reservations can be made in advance for all who plan to attend. The total price can only be calculated by the number of persons we have attending the convention. Please Pastors and churches send your list of attendees.
Dr. R.B. Holmes who is our candidate for presidency of the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. will represented his landmark press conference at The National Press Club on March 25th at 2:30 PM in Washington, DC. See Dr. Holmes' "12" Point Action Plan Vision" below.
Reverend Dr. R.B. Holmes, Jr. will be running for President of the National Baptist Convention, USA,Inc. in 2014. Below you will find a list of his "12" Point Action Plan Vision for the REBUILDING & REINVIGORATION of The National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc.
1. THE NATIONAL BAPTIST WORLD CENTER PLAN
2. THE PASTORS' SUPPORT PLAN
3. THE HOTEL REBATE AND LOWER HOTEL RATES PLAN
4. THE SAVE THE BLACK BAPTIST CHURCH PLAN
5. The NBC, USA,INC. OUTREACH AND INREACH EVANGELISTIC PLAN
6. THE FINANCIAL STABILITY AND STEWARDSHIP PLAN
7. THE CHURCH DEVELOPMENT MINISTRY PLAN
8. THE CHRISTIAN EDUCATION PLAN
9. THE URBAN AND RURAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PLAN
10. THE COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT AND ENGAGEMENT PLAN
11. THE PROFESSIONAL SPORTS PLAN
12. THE YOUNG PASTORS, MINISTERS & YOUNG ADULT PLAN
"And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2,3
The Mount Moriah Missionary Baptist Church would like to announce the installation of their new pastor, the Rev. Tyrone Watson. Installation Services will be held on the 3rd Sunday, July 20, 2014 @ 4:00 pm. All churches are invited to attend this special service.
Mount Moriah Missionary Baptist Church is located at 5333 Andrew Jackson Hwy 76, Chadbourn, North Carolina. For more information please contact Rev. Watson @ (910)-674-2065.
The New Hope Missionary Baptist Church would like to announce the celebration of the 17th Pastoral Anniversary for Pastor Judy McMillian to be held the week of July 21st - 25th, 2014 @ 7:00 nightly is the Pre-Anniversary Services with the Anniversary being celebrated on July 27th @ 4:00 pm. There will be different Pastors each night. Please come and show your love and support of the ministry of Pastor McMillian who is a blessing to so many. Church located @ 2017 Leggett Road, Fairmont, NC 28340. Phone: 628-5025. Contact person: Sis. Mary Taylor: 628-7108 for more information. Any donations for Pastor McMillian please mail them to P.O. Box 722, Fairmont, NC 28340. Thank you for your kindness.
Greenville Baptist Church Homecoming will be held on Sunday, August 17, 2014 @ 11:00 am. The speaker is Rev. Jerome Billups. The public is invited.
All churches that would like your announcements posted to the webpage please submit them to the Executive Secretary