Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association welcomes you to our community!
Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association
Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association represents a total of forty-one (41) churches of the Robeson, Columbus and Bladen Counties of North Carolina.
Our newly elected Moderator is Dr. Thurman Bruce Everett. The Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association was organized in Fairmont, North Carolina, in September 1877.
Our Mission Statement: To encourage fellowship among the churches and pastors and to emphasize the need for financial support for Home and Foreign Missions, and Education.
Officers of the Lumber River Baptist Association:
Moderator: Dr. Thurman Bruce Everett
Vice Moderator-at-large: Dr. Thomas Jones
1st Vice Moderator: Pastor Jerome Billups
Executive Secretary: Pastor Judy McMillian
Treasurer: Dr. Sally Jones
A Fellowship of Baptist Churches in Robeson, Columbus and Bladen Counties
- Lending a helping hand to the churches through counseling, training institutes, seminars and workshops.
- Providing an Associational Worker to aid in local church organization, growth and development.
- Supporting the Unified Program of the General Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, Inc.
- Promoting Associational-Wide Days: State Missions Day, Foreign Missions Day, Shaw University Day, Central Orphanage Day, Youth Day, and Shaw Divinity School Day.
- Offering advice to member churches on pastors and church administration.
- Sponsoring several weeks of training for all Associational pastors and church workers.
- Providing field missionaries to inform the churches of the Associational activities, to announce conventions and Auxiliaries meeting dates and places, and to urge the support of the churches to the work of the Association.
- Sponsoring annually an Evangelistic week led by the Ministerial Board, with Associational-wide call to all churches to urge men and women to accept Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives.
- Sponsoring an annual Church Music Workshop to offer suggestions to the churches on the appropriate music for church worship.
- Sponsoring an annual Vacation Bible School Workshop.
- Sponsoring an annual Stewardship Conference.
- Sponsoring an annual Senior Citizens Seminar.
- Sponsoring an annual Church Buildings and Grounds Conference.
- Sponsoring an annual Deacons and Church Leaders Conference.
Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association
P.O. Box 3397
155 Plainview Drive, Lumberton, North Carolina
Phone #: 1-910-739-3999
From the Moderators' Desk
Greetings to each of you my fellow labors in Christ Jesus,
Since our installation into office much has been accomplished thanks to our outstanding staff and the support of so many of you. God is truly good to us in so many wonderful ways. I thank him for all He has done, is doing and will do.
Honoring God through Unity, Purpose and Strength binds us together on one accord, for all to see that CHRIST lives in us. I am pleased to announce that we are sending our first check to General Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, in support of the objectives. Thanks to all the churches for making this possible, without you it would not be. Thanks! May God keep each of you strong, focused, vigilant and committed to Christ Jesus.
Love, Peace and Prayers,
Dr. Thurman B. Everett, Moderator
Lumber River Baptist Association
Greetings in Jesus Name to the LRBA Family,
On February 3, 2013 we met for our Black History Service Honoring Veterans. We would like to thank all churches for your participation and support. A special thank you to Dr. Joseph Dunham and the Hilly Branch Baptist Church Family. We pray that God will continue to bless and build Lumber River Missionary Baptist Association of Churches. Bless you my father's children and thank you, again.
Yours in Christ,
Dr. Thurman B. Everett, Moderator
THEME "HONORING GOD WITH UNITY,PURPOSE AND STRENGTH"
BUILDING AVAILABILITY OR USE
Executive Secretary: Rev. Judy P. McMillian
1-910-316-5977 or 1-910-628-8771
Bro. Jethro Gilchrist
*Please contact Pastor Singletary, Bro. Jethro Gilchrist or Rev. Judy McMillian (Executive Secretary) for availability or use of the building and for information concerning the opening and closing of the building.
Concerns: Upcoming Events
Pray continue to pray for Rev. Thomas Hayes and his family concerning the loss of his wife, Sis. Ada Hayes.
Please pray diligently and faithfully for Rev. Norman Wendell Thompson (First Fairmont) he has been released from the rehabilitation and is at home, continue to pray on his behalf.
We ask for your prayers for Rev. William Vaught, Rev. Jerry Love, Rev. Wendell Thompson and Sis. Edith Maultsby.
We ask that all churches continue to pray for our President Barack Obama.
Let us please pray for our Pastors, churches and members, we are living in a critical time and our people need to be saved. Pray especially for our churches that are without Pastors, for the word says, "How can they hear without a preacher".
Any prayer requests you would like posted to the webpage please submit them to the Executive Secretary.
All churches please submit to Executive Secretary a list of Ministers in your charge. Please include name, address, and a working contact number.
All Auxilliary Presidents/Treasurers please turn in your monies to the central treasury. These monies will be assigned under your ministry heading and distributed per your request, if you have funds available.
General Baptist State Convention is asking each Association to give a donation of $500.00 toward the purchase of a van for the Central Children's Home.Our objective contribution report to the General Baptist State Convention has been sent and received by General Baptist. All participating churches or auxiliaries should be receiving a contribution receipt in the very near future. This is our third report sent to General Baptist in the amount of $2,365.00.
The Minister's Spouses raised monies for kitchen renovations and we ask for volunteers to come in and make the necessary renovations. If you have suggestions or skills in carpentry, please contact the Moderator at 1-910-619-9358, Pastor Victor Singletary, Chairperson of the Trustees, or Deacon David Townsend, President of the Deacon/Laymen League.
Calendars for the 2013 Year have been printed, please contact the Executive Secretary to get your copy.
Lumber River has partnered with Spaulding Monroe School and Unity Fellowship of Churches to provide a skills training program for anyone needing skills training and for those who are imprisoned to teach them a skill or trade upon their re-entry into society. Please contact the Moderator for more information on how to apply for these services. Letters are being sent to all churches.
Spaulding Monroe School Alumni Association, 509 Martin Luther King Drive, Bladenboro, North Carolina 28320. Carpentry classes will begin on April 9, 2013 from 4:00 - 6:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For contact information and registration please call 1-910-863-3110.
Annual Session will be held on October 14th - 18th, 2013 @ Lumber River Baptist Association.
Workshops: Monday - Church Growth - Dr. Gentile Everett, Pastor Mill Branch Baptist Church.
Tuesday - Church Growth - Dr. Thurman Everett, Moderator/Pastor Bryant Swamp Baptist Church.
Wednesday - Church Leadership - Dr. J.M. Dunham, Pastor Hilly Branch Baptist Church
Thursday - Unity in the Body of Christ - Dr.Thomas Southerland, Pastor Mount Tabor Baptist Church.
Friday - Stewardship(Part 2) - Dr. Gregory Taylor, Pastor First Baptist Church, Bladenboro.
Monday - Pastor Judy McMillian and New Hope Baptist Church
Tuesday - Dr. T.R. Murray and First Baptist, Lumberton
Wednesday - Pastor Jerome Billups and Greenville Baptist Church
Thursday - Pastor Shedrick Byrd and Sandy Grove Baptist Church
Friday - Dr. W.C. Marable and Star of Bethlehem Baptist Church
*Please be reminded that Monday Night is Moderator's Night and all churches are asked to bless our Moderator with a special love offering. Thank you for your faithfulness.
Reverend Dr. R.B. Holmes, Jr. will be running for President of the National Baptist Convention, USA,Inc. in 2014. Below you will find a list of his "12" Point Action Plan Vision for the REBUILDING & REINVIGORATION of The National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc.
1. THE NATIONAL BAPTIST WORLD CENTER PLAN
2. THE PASTORS' SUPPORT PLAN
3. THE HOTEL REBATE AND LOWER HOTEL RATES PLAN
4. THE SAVE THE BLACK BAPTIST CHURCH PLAN
5. The NBC, USA,INC. OUTREACH AND INREACH EVANGELISTIC PLAN
6. THE FINANCIAL STABILITY AND STEWARDSHIP PLAN
7. THE CHURCH DEVELOPMENT MINISTRY PLAN
8. THE CHRISTIAN EDUCATION PLAN
9. THE URBAN AND RURAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PLAN
10. THE COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT AND ENGAGEMENT PLAN
11. THE PROFESSIONAL SPORTS PLAN
12. THE YOUNG PASTORS, MINISTERS & YOUNG ADULT PLAN
"And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:2,3
The LRBA Annual Session will be held the week of Oct. 14-18, 2013 at the Assembly building. Services will begin promptly @ 6 pm. We have excellent workshops that will be presented and are excited about the schedule of events that will conclude with a sermonic message each night. We are asking all Pastors to please be prepared to give an oral report and a written report to be given to our Recording Secretary Sis. Cheryl Shaw. Please make sure your church is represented.
Monday night is moderator's night and all churches are to bring a special offering designated for our Moderator Dr. Thurman Everett. Tuesday night, Dr. R. B. Holmes our candidate for President of the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. will be our guest. Dr. Holmes will present an overview of his: "12" Point Action Plan Vision for the Rebuilding and Reinvigoration of the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc." We are asking all churches for your presence and participation in this year's annual session.
Church Reports: Annual Session - Nightly
- Aaron Swamp, Antioch, Bryant Swamp, Cedar Grove (C), Cedar Grove (R) Ebenezer, First Bladenboro & Round Branch (Monday Night)
- First Fairmont, First Lumberton, First McDonald, First Orrum, Greater New Bethel, Greenville, Hester Chapel & Hilly Branch (Tuesday Night)
- Holy Swamp, Horace Grove, Jones Chapel, Jonesville, Mill Branch, Mount Moriah, Mount Tabor & New Hope (Wednesday Night)
- Oak Grove, Piney Grove, Pleasant Hill, Pleasant Meadow, Rock Hill, Rose Hill, Rose of Sharon & First Chadbourn (Thursday Night)
- Sandy Grove, Spencer Chapel, Spring Branch, St. Mary, Star of Bethlehem, Stone Grove & Thompson Chapel. (Friday Night)
- Report to include membership #, conversions, baptisms, and overview of church ministries.
Greenville Baptist Church News:
October 22, 23,24 - Fall Revival @ 7pm nightly
Tuesday Night - Pastor Jerry McKoy - Pleasant Meadow Baptist Church
Wednesday Night - Dr. Martine Spencer - Jonesville Baptist Church
Thursday Night - Rev. Eddie L. Davis - Word of Life Christian Center, Bennettsville, SC
October 27, 2013 - Family & Friend's Day @ 4pm
Guest: Rev. James Abraham - Pastor Thompson Chapel
November 10, 2013
Church 108th Anniversary - 11:00am
Speaker - Rev. Eric T. Cooper
Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, Fork, SC
November 24, 2013
Usher Anniversary - 4:00pm
Speaker: Rev. Harrison Branch
Pierce Chapel A.M.E. Church, Clarkton, NC
All churches that would like your announcements posted to the webpage please submit them to the Executive Secretary